WANTED HOUSES & FLATS TO SELL - Call 01432 267213 Arkwright Owens / herefordshireproperty.com
NEW PROPERTIES :SEP 2014 - HAROLD STREET ST JAMES 2 BEDROOMED HOUSE WITH LOVELY LARGE GARDENS £185,000!!! - CALL TO VIEW.......4 BEDROOMED HOUSE HAMPTON DENE / HAMPTON PARK AREA £249,995...............
6 BEDROOM HOUSE HAROLD STREET ST JAMES - GUIDE PRICE £250,000..........4 BEDROOM MODERN HOUSE - NEWTOWN ROAD (CLOSE TO CITY CENTRE) GUIDE PRICE £189,950..........2 BEDROOMED LUXURY APARTMENT WITH GARAGE GWYNNE STREET £299,995 & 3 BEDROOMED DUPLEX APARTMENT £339,950
TOP TEN PITFALLS FOR HOUSE VENDORS (FROM RICS)
- Failing to pull together all official documents – title deeds, land registration documents and leasehold information before putting a property on the market. A property with a boundary dispute certainly won’t sell easily.
- Neglecting the obvious things like keeping the house and garden tidy and the pets at bay. Just like meeting someone for the first time, first impressions are important.
- Leaving the property as is for viewings. Sellers should depersonalise the property as much a possible so potential buyers can easily imagine living there.
- Making it difficult for people to view the property at the most convenient times to them – for example at weekends and evenings.
- Insisting on being present during viewings – having the owner present makes the agent’s job more tricky and the potential buyers uncomfortable.
- Being unclear about what is and what is not included – this just irritates potential buyers.
- Pitching the starting price too high. While it may be tempting to start higher, the first two weeks is when a property listing has the most traffic. Don’t put people off at the online search stage. Sellers who insist on ‘testing the market’ often end up worse off.
- Rejecting early offers. If an early offer is near the asking price, then as long as the asking price was in line with the market, it can just mean that the property was priced correctly.
- Forgetting that whatever price the property is sold for, solicitor and estate agency fees, will need to be deducted. Factor this in from the start to avoid a surprise at the end of the process – particularly if you are in a chain.
- Waiting until spring or summer to put the property on the market. Homes sell all year round, so take advantage of potential buyers looking in the ‘off season’.
Need a House Survey or Valuation for probate purposes??... contact Arkwright Owens Hereford Estate Agents 01432 267213
We advertise in the Hereford Times, Zoopla, Prime Location, Findaproperty, MSN, AOL, The Times, Sky and... www.herefordshireproperty.com
Arkwright Owens Chartered Surveyors & Hereford Estate Agents / herefordshireproperty.com
Arkwright Owens is a firm of Hereford Estate Agents & Chartered Surveyors based in Hereford, Herefordshire.
We sell Residential property throughout Herefordshire, Powys, Monmouthshire, Worcestershire and beyond.
To sell your property on the Arkwright Owens herefordshireproperty.com website please contact on 01432 267213 or email for a free no obligation valuation. Herefordshire Property & Hereford Estate Agents
Arkwright Owens have a Survey & Professional Services department for both Residential & Commercial property.
Arkwright Owens sell & let Commercial Property and can offer advice on retail, offices, industrial, development land etc...